I actually think we had this rule clear and correct anyway, didn't we! Well done for recognising it yourselves.
Hi there all NZ FLL teams,
There is a minor rule clarification I need to make regarding objects items entering base. We have been incorrectly advising teams they need to have mission models completely within base in order to score points where relevant (e.g. fish, refrigerated trailer etc.)
Rule 21 clearly defines the term “IN” which is used in mission text such as “The trailer in Base is worth 12 POINTS.” There are no other rules that conflict or override thus any object robot or otherwise breaching the Base volume (marked outline with 40cm height) are considered “IN”. Please note if an object is being carried inside a container the object itself must have entered the Base volume since objects are ruled on independent of each other.
At all 4 regional events in New Zealand consistent refereeing has been applied and teams were advised to bring mission models completely into base but not penalised if the model was around ½ way in base and in all cases I recall they were anyway. Some teams adapted to the advice and brought models completely into base and are commended for doing this.
The NZ Championship event on 27 November will have correct “IN” ruling applied.
Feel free to ask any questions and my apologies for not realising this earlier however I feel having all 4 regionals using consistent incorrect ruling was fair and did not alter the results.
Best Regards,
Jason Kyle, Kiwi FIRST
No comments:
Post a Comment